Decorating your home for the holidays when you’re trying to sell can cause an unnecessary amount of stress for homeowners. These simple, but stunning, options could be exactly what you’re looking for.
1. For an easy centerpiece, decorate a serving tray with ornaments. Add some greenery and you’ve got a festive but simple piece.
2. Use clear glass vases with evergreens or other seasonal greenery in them in various places in your home.
3. For this next DIY, grab a serving tray, a small sting of lights, egg cups and some clipped greens placed in floral foam.
4. Pick up some simple bottle brushes and color them with fabric dye. They make adorable mini Christmas trees to decorate your home.
5. Search through your cupboards for champagne flutes and other glassware. Add Christmas ornaments, pinecones and curled ribbon to the display to add some colour to your décor.
6. Cut and fold holiday theme scrapbooking paper to create trees of different sizes. These little additions can be added to any tabletop or mantel.
7. Grab your handy serving tray and a square glass vase. Add Christmas ornaments to the vase and wrap with a bow. Finish off with a sprinkle of faux snow.
8. If you have a large window in your home, choose a single colour and hang ornaments of different shapes using ribbon in front of it.
9. Carry your décor through every room in your home by wrapping wide ribbons around solid-colour pillows. Place them on chairs, couches or beds to add some holiday colour throughout.
10. In the kitchen, add a wreath above your stove or on a door leading to your outdoor patio. Copper coffee cups with candy canes in them on open shelves or on an island are a fun addition as well.
11. Secure a bunch of brown twigs with a rubber band, add a splash of greenery and tie with a bright coloured ribbon. This simple piece makes a great addition to add to a door or above a mantel.
12. Repurpose an old frame by forming a large triangle out of 16-gauge wire. Add horizontal pieces curled on the ends for branches. Hang small ornaments and add a bow or star to the top to finish of the homemade tree.
13. Fill clear glass mugs or cups with peppermint candies and candy canes to add to your decorative table.
14. Sprigs of pine and berries dress up framed photos that are already hanging on your walls.
15. Add fresh greenery, a large red ball, red-painted pinecones and a bright bow to add some colour to your snowy back or front yard.
These 15 tips are all simple, effective and budget friendly ways to bring the holidays to your home. Giving your potential buyers a peek into what Christmas can look like in your home is a great way to make them feel right at home!